Ready to LearnMembership Access Login
PBS North Coast's Ready To Learn Service offers a variety of workshops to meet the needs of parents, childcare providers, and all other educators. Below is a sample list of workshop themes. Many other topics are available upon request.
We are not currently offering RTL workshops. Our RTL coordinator, Jackie Hamilton, has retired.
Early Childhood Education workshop topics are catered to the needs of the requesting agency. Workshops can be based on a specific show and it's educational content, or on a specific child development issue.
A few workshop topic ideas are:
- Ready To Learn Overview – PBS resources and the Learning Triangle
- PBS Website Walk Through – PBS Kids, PBS Parents, or PBS Learning Media (formerly PBS teachers)
- Talaris Parenting Counts
- Growth and Development – Arthur's first steps in life and staying healthy
- Math Skills - Peg + Cat, Sesame Street, Odd Squad
- Science – Cat in the Hat, Sid the Science Kid, Wild Kratt's, Dinosaur Train, Space Racers
- Social/Emotional – Clifford, Daniel Tiger, Thomas and Friends
- Literacy – Sesame Street, Super Why!, Word Girl
- Social Diversity – Bob the Builder, Sesame Street and all PBS Kids' shows